Forest Lake Academy ESLRS (Expected Student Learning Results) Seeks to develop students who are:
F aith Based
- Students will build relationships and bring people into a lifelong friendship with Jesus.
- Students will experience Jesus through service and discipleship.
- Students will reflect Christ-like qualities to one another.
- Students will develop a Christian worldview and be able to explain and defend their beliefs and doctrines based on the Bible.
- Students will learn a balanced approach in the use of modern technology and develop a harmonious balance between life and the digital world.
- Students will develop a holistic blend of spiritual, mental and physical powers to promote.
L ifetime Learners
- Students will be able to distinguish fact from fiction and opinion.
- Students will learn, understand and apply critical thinking processes.
- Students will be able to speak effectively, write clearly, and become technologically literate.
- Students will be able to analyze and interpret concepts using critical thinking skills.
- Students will be able to design and implement multiple strategies for problem solving.
- Students will embrace a commitment to lifelong learning and personal well- being in order to enhance quality of life for the individual and the community.
- Students will take the initiative to become independent learners and critical thinkers.
A rdent Citizens
- Students will value the common good and recognize that individual acts influence the well-being of the community.
- Students will act with dignity, civility, integrity, and respect for others.
- Students will develop confidence by improving their artistic skills and abilities and acquire an appreciation for the diversity in arts.
- Students will actively seek social justice for those less fortunate.
- Students will reflect a humble lifestyle as demonstrated by Jesus.
- Students will model good sportsmanship, lead by example, and demonstrate fairness, respect, and self-control.
- Students will appreciate and understand music as art and as ministry. ( all art forms)
- Students will develop an awareness and appreciation for cultural diversity.