S.T.E.P.S. of Faith: Spiritual Life at FLA
At Forest Lake Academy, we empower students to learn, love and lead through a Christ-centered education. Our mission, vision and values aim to develop thoughtful servant leaders that live out and extend Christ’s ministry.
Our Radical on Christ (R.O.C.) campus ministries program is designed to foster a scripturally based, team-centered and student-led experience. We guide our students through the S.T.E.P.S. to form an active, holistic and lifelong relationship with Christ.
During their spiritual journey at FLA, students:
- Serve the local community
- Train to be disciples and walk with Jesus throughout life
- Experience being Jesus to one another
- Proclaim His name though their servant leadership, and ultimately
- Sow the seeds of faith and place them at the core of their being.
10 Core Realities Guide Our S.T.E.P.S.:
- The Bible is the ultimate foundation
- Veracity means actively exploring and living the truth
- Authenticity acknowledges both our flaws and worthiness
- Audacity dares us to be bold in our faith
- Humility opens us to learn and let Christ lead
- Diversity opens doors to bless others
- Sanctuary allows us to take refuge in Christ’s love
- Intimacy keeps Christ ever-present in our lives
- Mystery keeps us in awe of His might
- Creativity combats complacency and keeps us engaged
Mission Trips at FLA
We offer students the chance to experience another culture. Whether it’s local, community service missions, or an international mission trip, we encourage our students to help spread God’s love in service to others. Find out more information and how to register for these exciting adventures.